- 10 mins
This is one of my dad’s favorite dishes. A simple dish by using the rich black bean sauce to bring out the best flavor of the clams.
- 2 dozen little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons black beans sauce
- 4-5 scallions, sliced on a bias, white and green parts
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Heat up wok. Add oil and stir in garlic and ginger. Stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the clams in the shell and toss it in the oil.
- Keep stirring until opened. (About 2-4 minutes)
- Once the clams have opened add the fermented beans, sherry and sliced scallions.
- Toss to evenly combine.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.