- 25 mins
Step into the vibrant world of Vietnamese cuisine with our sizzling Stir-Fry Beef and Rice. Delicately marinated beef meets a colorful medley of fresh vegetables, all brought to life in a wok. This quick and flavorful dish brings the essence of Vietnam to your dinner table, one delicious bite at a time.
For the Marinade:
- 1 pound (450g) beef sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Cooked rice for serving
- Fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
InstructionsMarinating the Beef:
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the marinade and toss to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, or for more flavor, refrigerate for a few hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok over high heat until it's smoking hot.
- Add the marinated beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it's browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove the beef from the wok and set it aside.
- In the same wok, add a bit more vegetable oil if needed. Add the sliced onion and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the sliced red and green bell peppers, julienned carrots, and broccoli florets. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return the cooked beef to the wok with the stir-fried vegetables.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce. Toss everything together and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce coats the beef and vegetables evenly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. You can add more soy sauce or fish sauce for extra flavor.
- Serve your Vietnamese-style Stir-Fry Beef over cooked rice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges (if desired).
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.