Get started on your journey to wok hei
Thoughtfully curated (especially for beginners), our Mammafong wok set comes with a 14" uncoated carbon steel wok, pre-seasoned premium wok spatula and bamboo brush for cleaning - essentially everything you need to stir-fry, steam, or deep-fry and cleaning right away. The perfect gift idea or simply stock up the kitchen with all your wok cooking needs
New and improved Mammafong ROUND bottom wok
Invest in a lifetime full of flavour with a wok that’s stronger than cast iron, is incredibly durable and delivers a fast, high heat with even distribution for delicious sears and stir-fry.
Your Mammafong round bottom wok was made of premium and heavy 14 gauge (1.5mm) thick carbon steel. The natural eucalyptus handle can be tightened or removed by simply twisting the metal hook on the handle, allowing you to season the wok in an oven.
The more you cook, the better your wok performs. Your Mammafong wok arrives with a foundational seasoning of 100% vegetable oil (free from synthetic coatings and chemicals). The wok will become naturally non-stick with use and allows you to use less oil while cooking. As you build up your own seasoning, you write your own culinary story into your wok with every dish.
Traditionally Hand Forged and Pre-seasoned wok spatula (Wok Chuan)
Hand made from high-purity 2.1mm thick carbon steel (low carbon iron), our pre-seasoned spatula comes with a blue-grey natural protective coating to prevent rust and corrosion. With proper care and maintenance, you can keep this item for many years to come.
At Mammafong, we believe nothing brings family and friends together like a well cooked meal served with love and seasoned with care.
How to get woking
- Follow our wok seasoning instructions on the packaging or visit our website
- Wash, dry and season your new wok
- For spatula, wash with warm water after use and always wipe it dry thoroughly to prevent rust. Never soak into water and hand wash only.
- Fire up the stovetop
- Cook up a storm!
Clean and care for your wok starter kit
Avoid using any soaps or detergents with your wok and spatula
- Wok - Remove stuck-on food with a nonmetallic scrubber if necessary. Otherwise boil some water in your wok. This should lose up the residue.
- Rinse again and wipe it dry. Put it back on a low heat stove to completely dry up any residual moisture. Never leave your wok air dry.
- Apply a thin coat of oil on the surface to protect the wok from rust.
- Spatula - wash with warm water after use and always wipe it dry thoroughly to
- Ditch the expensive, mediocre takeout meals and make tasty and healthy stir-fry at home
- One-pot wonder for Asian cooking. Stir-fry, soups, deep-fry, saute, steam and braises can all be done using Mammafong wok.
- [Only for non-preseasoned wok] Season wok before first use. Wok arrives with a pre-coating of oil lightly covering the interior surface. Remove the oil coating by hand-washing the wok in hot water with a scouring pad and detergent. Rinse and dry with a paper towel. If the paper towel remains black, scrub the wok again (you want naked steel, with no oil on it). Place the wok over high heat. You will notice that orange-yellow steel will begin to turn blue. When done, the entire surface of the wok should be blue.
- Suitable for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Use wok ring stands for induction, electric and ceramic cooktops.
- The wok will become very hot during cooking. Please exercise caution.
- Hand-wash in hot water. Stuck-on food particles can be removed with a soft sponge or cloth.
- Dry over a hot burner set on high heat, allowing traces of grease from cooking to burn onto the surface.
- Oil regularly to maintain seasoning.
Ask about this product
Have a question?