- All Products
- Pre-seasoned 14 inch Hand...
Get started on your journey to wok hei
Thoughtfully curated (especially for beginners), your Mammafong wok set comes with a 14 inch classic pre-seasoned carbon steel wok, pre-seasoned premium wok spatula and natural bamboo brush for cleaning - essentially everything you need to stir-fry, steam, or deep-fry and cleaning right away. The perfect gift idea or simply stock up the kitchen with all your wok cooking needs.
New and improved Mammafong preseasoned ROUND bottom wok
Invest in a lifetime full of flavour with a wok that’s stronger than cast iron, is incredibly durable and delivers a fast, high heat with even distribution for delicious sears and stir-fry.
Your Mammafong round bottom wok was made of premium and heavy 14 gauge (1.5mm) thick carbon steel. The natural eucalyptus handle can be tightened or removed by simply twisting the metal hook on the handle, allowing you to season the wok in an oven.
The more you cook, the better your wok performs. Your Mammafong wok arrives with a foundational seasoning of 100% vegetable oil (free from synthetic coatings and chemicals). The wok will become naturally non-stick with use and allows you to use less oil while cooking. As you build up your own seasoning, you write your own culinary story into your wok with every dish.
Traditionally Hand Forged and Pre-seasoned wok spatula (Wok Chuan)
Your pre-seasoned spatula are out-of-the-box nonstick (preseasoned) and ready to use. It is made from carbon steel (low carbon iron) and therefore reactive, so it won’t stay blue - it will darken and patina as you cook. With continue use, your spatula will improve with age & use, developing a beautiful, black, non-stick patina and add authentic flavour to your cooking.
Perfect to use for cooking a variety of foods in your wok, this spatula allows you to effortlessly toss sesame beef stir fry, break up egg fried rice, and stir together all of your ingredients after adding your signature Szechuan sauce. Its 1-piece construction ensures superior strength and reliability as you cook large batches of foods, and also ensures long-lasting use in your busy kitchen. With proper care and maintenance, your Mammafong wok shovel can give you a lifetime of delicious meals to follow!
At Mammafong, we believe nothing brings family and friends together like a well cooked meal served with love and seasoned with care.
How to get woking
Clean and care for your wok starter kit
Avoid using any soaps or detergents with your wok and spatula
|Material:||100% Carbon Steel|
|Heigh (approx.)t:||7.5 inches (19 cm)|
|Width (approx.):||14 inches (35.5 cm)|
|Depth (approx.):||22.5 inches (57cm)|
|Product Weight (approx.):||3.3 pounds (1.5 kg)|
US Warehouse, CA Warehouse, AU Warehouse
- Season wok before first use. Wok arrives with a pre-coating of oil lightly covering the interior surface. Remove the oil coating by hand-washing the wok in hot water with a scouring pad and detergent. Rinse and dry with a paper towel. If the paper towel remains black, scrub the wok again (you want naked steel, with no oil on it). Place the wok over high heat. You will notice that orange-yellow steel will begin to turn blue. When done, the entire surface of the wok should be blue.
- Suitable for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Use wok ring stands for induction, electric and ceramic cooktops.
- The wok will become very hot during cooking. Please exercise caution.
- Hand-wash in hot water. Stuck-on food particles can be removed with a soft sponge or cloth.
- Dry over a hot burner set on high heat, allowing traces of grease from cooking to burn onto the surface.
- Oil regularly to maintain seasoning.
Ask about this product
Have a question?