Traditional Hand Forged Spatula
Elegantly handcrafted and pre-seasoned by our master craftsmen in Guangdong. At 15-inches long, it comes with a tapered end handle that fit comfortably in your hand. This pre seasoned carbon steel turner is specially shaped for scooping and turning foods in a wok. The curved shape was carefully crafted so it reaches into the rounded bottom of our wok. The perfect addition to your go-to woking tools!
Super-seasoned blue carbon steel
Our pre-seasoned spatula(chuan) comes with a blue-grey natural protective coating to prevent rust and corrosion. By applying an intense high heat with natural oil treatment in the manufacturing process, our pre-seasoned spatula are out-of-the-box nonstick and ready to use. Our spatula is made from carbon steel (low carbon iron) and therefore reactive, so it won’t stay blue - it will darken and patina as you cook. With continue use, your spatula will improve with age & use, developing a beautiful, black, non-stick patina and add authentic flavour to your cooking.
High Quality Carbon Steel
Hand made from high-purity 2.1mm thick carbon steel (low carbon iron), our pre-seasoned wok turner comes with a blue-grey natural protective coating to prevent rust and corrosion. With proper care and maintenance, your Mammafong wok can give you a lifetime of delicious meals to follow!
How to get woking
Before First Use Wash with gentle detergent and soft sponge. Wipe it dry immediately. Never leave your utensil air dry.
Clean and care for your wok utensil
What to do when it starts to rust?
Sometimes in humid conditions or if it hasn't been use regularly, your utensil may develop rust. This is the nature of a natural material like iron and it is absolutely normal. Just give it a good clean and re-season it.
- Season wok before first use. Wok arrives with a pre-coating of oil lightly covering the interior surface. Remove the oil coating by hand-washing the wok in hot water with a scouring pad and detergent. Rinse and dry with a paper towel. If the paper towel remains black, scrub the wok again (you want naked steel, with no oil on it). Place the wok over high heat. You will notice that orange-yellow steel will begin to turn blue. When done, the entire surface of the wok should be blue.
- Suitable for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Use wok ring stands for induction, electric and ceramic cooktops.
- The wok will become very hot during cooking. Please exercise caution.
- Hand-wash in hot water. Stuck-on food particles can be removed with a soft sponge or cloth.
- Dry over a hot burner set on high heat, allowing traces of grease from cooking to burn onto the surface.
- Oil regularly to maintain seasoning.
Ask about this product
Have a question?