- 25 mins
Chicken and Vegetable Hokkien Noodles is a quick and savoury delight. Tender chicken, crisp cabbage, and aromatic onions, all stir-fried to perfection, mingle with Hokkien noodles bathed in rich dark soy sauce. This dish delivers a harmonious balance of flavours and textures in every bite, making it an ideal choice for a satisfying and speedy meal.
- 8 oz (225g) Hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green shallots (scallions), chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken meat, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Red chili flakes for a spicy kick
- Cook the Hokkien noodles according to package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften and become translucent. Add the chopped green shallots (scallions) and cabbage to the wok. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add the diced chicken meat to the wok with the vegetables. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes to heat the chicken through. Pour the dark soy sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Toss to combine, ensuring everything is well coated with the sauce.
- Add the cooked Hokkien noodles to the wok. Gently stir-fry and toss everything together for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are heated through and evenly mixed with the vegetables, chicken, and sauce.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste. If you like it spicy, you can also add red chili flakes at this stage.
- Serve your Chicken and Vegetable Hokkien Noodles hot, garnished with additional chopped green shallots if desired.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.