- 25 mins
Tangy Orange Glazed Chicken is a delightful stir-fry that balances the zesty allure of fresh oranges with the savory goodness of tender chicken and crisp veggies. The vibrant orange sauce, with hints of garlic and ginger, coats every morsel, creating a harmonious blend of sweet and savory. Quick to prepare, it's an irresistible dish that satisfies the taste buds with its vibrant flavors and succulent texture.
IngredientsFor the Chicken:
- 1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, for coating
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
For the Orange Sauce:
- 1/2 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, for thickening
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Green onions, sliced for garnish (optional)
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Place the cornstarch in a shallow dish and coat each piece of chicken evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken until it's golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, orange zest, minced garlic, and minced ginger.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the wok over medium heat.
- Pour the orange sauce mixture into the wok and bring it to a simmer.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mixture while stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped red and green bell peppers and onion to the wok. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the fried chicken pieces back into the wok with the vegetables. Toss everything together until the chicken and vegetables are coated in the orange sauce.
- Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.