- 15 mins
An easy pad Thai recipe for everyone. You can easily substitute the chicken to your choice of meat or seafood.
- 1 (454 g) package rice noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 - 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice (optional)
- Boil noodles until just soft (do not overcook).
- Drain water and place noodles in separate bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil in a hot wok.
- Add garlic, shallots, and oyster sauce, chicken and stir-fry until cooked.
- Move mixture to 1/2 of wok and add eggs on empty 1/2 of wok.
- Cook eggs.
- Mix eggs and chicken.
- Add noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper and brown sugar, stirring quickly so that noodles do not stick together.
- Stir in bean sprouts, green onion and peanuts.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a quick squeeze of lime juice.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.