- 45 mins
Super comforting dish that require a handful of ingredients.
- 6 eggs
- 50 grams pork mince
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Water (Water to egg ratio 2:1)
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Marinate the meat and set aside for 30 mins.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into a stainless steel plate. The plate should be around 27 cm in diameter and 5cm high.
- Add water into the egg mixture in a 2:1 ratio, and mix well.
- Add 1 teaspoons of salt. Let the egg mixture stand for 15-20 mins or until the air bubbles have disappeared.
- Fill a wok with water, cover it and bring the water to a boil.
- Place a rack in the wok and transfer the eggs on the rack.
- To prevent the condensation on the lid from dropping onto the egg mixture, cover it with a plate.
- Cover the wok and steam over medium high heat for 20-25 mins.
- Set the steamed egg curd aside.
- Dry and heat up the wok. Add oil.
- Add garlic, let it fry for 30 seconds and add pork mince. Stir-fry until cook through.
- Pour pork mince on top of steam egg. Sprinkle with fried shallot, spring onion and drizzle with sesame oil.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.