- 20 mins
One of the staple dishes among Chinese family. You can mix and match with different meat, seafood and vegetable. A flexible recipe to suit meat lovers or vegetarian.
- 10oz. (280g) chicken breast, sliced in thin strip
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 12 ginger slices
- 1 packet (15oz) (440g) fresh Hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons malt vinegar
- ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ½ cup spring onion
- 2 large red chillies, finely sliced
- Combine chicken and marinade ingredients in a bowl, leave in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat wok. Add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add marinated chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Stir in onion and ginger and stir-fry until onion is lightly browned.
- Toss in noodles, chicken, wine or sherry, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Stir-fry for until chicken is cooked
- Add spring onion and half the chilli and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.