- 15 mins
Crunchy asparagus and chili complement strips of steak in this simple dish. Remember to prepare asparagus, snap off and discard though ends of spears, then cut spears into 1/2 inch slanting slices.
- 450g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 6 cm lengths
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbps peanut oil
- 2 tbps oyster sauce
- 1 tbp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbp sherry
- Mixed in soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger and 1 tbsp. sherry in a large bowl.
- Add beef strips into the mixed sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat half the oil in a wok. Drain the beef from the marinade. Cook beef over high heat in batches until nearly cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add onion and cook until just tender. Return meat to the wok, along with the asparagus, snow pea and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.