- 35 mins
Flavorful crispy tofu sits atop a bed of savory veggies and light rice noodles. Elegant and full of sophisticated Asian flavor - tofu doesn't get any better than this. This is one of our favourite vegetarian-friendly recipe.
- 2 1/2 tbps oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces uncooked organic soba noodles
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, each tofu cut into 4 (1 inch thick) slices.
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Combine white miso, sesame oil, minced ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse. Combine noodles and 1/4 cup miso mixture in a bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat carbon steel wok. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
- Add tofu to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add 1 tablespoon miso mixture to pan; toss to coat. Remove tofu from wok;
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and asparagus to wok; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons miso mixture to wok; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Arrange 1/2 cup noodle mixture in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with vegetable mixture and tofu.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered carbon steel wok, visit FAQ.