- 25 mins
Skip the Chinese take-out and try this homemade, vegan-friendly recipe that's full of texture and flavor. We love the crunch of okra combined with the soft texture of the black fungus.
- 1/2 cup black fungus 雲耳
- 1/2 cup okra (add more if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 slices of ginger (julienned)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Soak the black fungus in cold water for half an hour until soft.
- Mince garlic and julienne the ginger.
- Wash and pat dry Okra, cut Okra diagonally in half.
- Mix light and dark soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch with some water. Set aside.
- Heat wok on medium heat and sauté garlic, ginger.
- Toss in black fungus and okra.
- Add in seasoning and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens or evaporates.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered carbon steel wok, visit FAQ.