- 15 mins
A silky, heartwarming and highly nutritious soup. A flavorful and easy Chinese classic!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 whole freshwater fish (with bone), cleaned, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoons rice wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat up the wok in high heat. Add oil. Fry the whole fish until both sides turn lightly golden.
- Add the ginger and spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in rice wine and chicken stock. Scape the bottom of the wok to loosen the brown bits. Bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes or until the soup turns creamy white in color.
- Add tofu and stir gently. Bring the mixture back to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.