- 35 mins
This mild crab curry is perfect for Dungeness or blue crabs. Once you get started, it’s hard to stop until the last bite of this Cantonese specialty has disappeared!
- 3 live blue crab or similar, clean and chopped
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 slices of ginger, minced
- 2 green chillies
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped corianders for garnish
- Blend onions, tomatoes and chillies into a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Place a wok over high heat. When wok is hot, add oil.
- Pour in the puree and stir well.
- Add in ginger and garlic paste and cook till oil separates in it.
- Now add in the spice powders. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add crab and toss well.
- Pour in coconut cream and water. Cook for 20 mins. Add more water if needed.
- Garnish with chopped corianders and serve with rice.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.