- 15 mins
This creamy red curry recipe is so easy to make at home! It’s much tastier than takeout and healthier, too. Feel free to change up the vegetables.
- 600g (3 cup) jasmine rice
- 1 lb chicken stir-fry strips
- 2 cups of sliced red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 large potato peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sugar or palm sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red chili
- 1 tbsp each chopped mint and basil
- Cook rice according to the packet instructions
- Heat up your wok. Add oil. Pour in curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stir often.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked through and brown.
- Add the fish sauce, peanut butter, sugar, chili, coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced bell peppers, cooked potato cubes and cook another 3 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Sauce should thicken and reduce.
- Remove from heat and stir through chopped mint and basil.
- Spoon the rice onto serving plates and top with the chicken curry.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.