- 25 mins
In our family, this dish has been a staple for generations. It is such a classic quick meal, easily embellished with leftover meat and your favorite vegetables. My no-fail tips are start with cold cooked rice; if it’s warm or hot, the grains will stick together.
- 2 1/2 tbps oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g peeled prawns
- 200g white cold rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbps sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- Coriander leaves & lemon wedges to serve
- Heat wok. Add 1/2 tbps of oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the egg. Stir for 1-2 minutes until softly scrambled. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbps oil to the wok, toss in chilli, spring onion and garlic, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost cooked.
- Return egg to the wok. Stir in rice, soy, sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and peas, then stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.