- 15 mins
Crispy and crunchy on the outside, soft and juicy on the inside with bursting five spice flavor. This delicious dish is a real crowd-pleaser.
- 1 pound large prawns, deveined
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons pepper
- 1 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons ginger juice
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- Marinade the prawn for about 10 minutes.
- Combine salt, pepper and five spice powder and cooked in a heated wok. Dry fry for about 30 seconds. Remove, leave aside and stir in sugar to combine.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok until hot and deep-fry prawns in batches until crispy for 2-3 minutes. Remove and drain from oil.
- Heat a clean wok with sesame oil. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Return prawns to the wok and add combined salt and pepper mixture, chopped spring onion and chilli.
To find tips on seasoning and cleaning our hand hammered wok, visit FAQ.